Chevron Template

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Beginning of Blog

My wedding day was perfection.  Okay, it was hot as hell.  But after a couple of mimosas that morning and a couple bottles of wine that night, it was perfection.  Our honeymoon was heaven.  A week in St. Lucian paradise--heaven.  Then, we came back to reality.  Don't get me wrong, things weren't bad.  However, reality happened.  Life happened.  CHANGE happened.  Lots of change.  Lots of life-altering, moving-Meredith-around-so-her-life-will-never-be-the-same change happened.  

I can hardly believe this was 4 months ago!

In our first two months of marriage, Paul and I moved (the first time I've been away from my family ever), I started a new teaching job in a new district, Paul got a promotion and my family experienced loss in a way we never had before.  It was Different with a capital D.  But now I'm here in a land obsessed with our 16th president, texting my mom daily instead of talking to her at work like I used to, and washing a man's underwear (yeah, eww).  

Fortunately things are looking up!  I'm starting to get into a groove at work, my new home is slowly coming together (now if we can only get our baby Great Dane to stop running into the walls), and I talk to my family as much as possible.  Plus, it's holiday season!  Halloween is approaching fast, I'm looking up Thanksgiving recipes as fast as Pinterest will let me and I'm slowly compiling a list of small gifts to put in my husband's stocking for Christmas.  If you're ready for the holidays stick around.  I have lots to talk about!  

No comments:

Post a Comment